Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are the aims and scope of Chinese Journal of Experimental Ophthalmology (CJEO)?
Chinese Journal of Experimental Ophthalmology (CJEO) is a single blind peer-reviewed journal focusing on developments and new research in experimental ophthalmology, both internationally, and in China. The journal aims to provide insight into the field of ophthalmology in China, focusing on basic research and the clinical applications of ophthalmology.Topics covered include the genetics of ophthalmic diseases; ophthalmology biology; ophthalmic microbiology; ophthalmic pharmaceutics and pharmacokinetic studies of ophthalmic drugs; animal models of ophthalmic diseases; animal experiments of various ophthalmic diseases; DNA testing of hereditary eye diseases; ophthalmology epidemiological investigations; evidence-based ophthalmology practice; multicenter or single-center randomized double-blind clinical trials and new techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of ophthalmic diseases.
Published articles are relevant to senior medical research workers in ophthalmology, ophthalmology clinicians, and undergraduate and postgraduate ophthalmology students.
CJEO welcomes the submission of expert reviews, experimental research, clinical research, presentations, case reports, and survey reports.
- In which databases is CJEO currently indexed?CJEO is indexed by Chemical Abstracts, Excerpta Medica, Scopus, Japan Science Technology Agency (Chinese Bibliographic Database), Western Pacific Region Index Medicus, Ulrichsweb, Chinese Science & Technology Data Contents-Medicine, Chinese Science Citation Database, Chinese Academic Journal CD Classified Database, Chinese Science and Technology Journal Database, Chinese Medical Current Contents and CBMdisc.
- How should I submit articles to CJEO?Submissions to CJEO are made using the Chinese Medical Association (CMA) submission system (http://cmaes.medline.org.cn/Login/Login.aspx).
Registration and access are available at http://cmaes.medline.org.cn/Login/Login.aspx
- Do I need to pay a publication fee and will I receive remuneration for publishing papers in CJEO?
We do not offer remuneration nor collect author publication fees for CJEO.
- Is there a printed version of the journal?Yes. Print copies are available from post offices within China. The price for each printed version is RMB26.
- Where can I access the online version of the journal?The online version of the journal can be accessed at http://www.CJEO.org/gkmc/index.htm?lang=En
- Where can I access recommendations for conduct, reporting, editing, and publication of scholarly work in medical journals?Here is a selected list of some useful resources:
General ethical publishing guidelines: http://www.icmje.org
Randomized controlled trials (RCT): CONSORT www.consort-statement.org
Observational study: STROBE http://strobe-statement.org
Systemic review and meta-analysis: PRISM http://prisma-statement.org
Diagnostic test study: STARD www.stard-statement.org